Why are petrol and diesel prices rising? What can the economic way of thinking reveal about custodial murder and the rule of law? Amit Varma and Vivek Kaul get together in episode 3 of Econ Central to discuss the events of the week gone by. The Book of the Week is The Power Broker by Robert Caro. And the AMA features two outstanding questions.
1. Should We Be Aatma Nirbhar? — Episode 1 of Econ Central.
2. Green Shoots in the Desert Sand — Episode 2 of Econ Central.
3. India’s Economy in the Time of Covid-19 — Episode 177 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Vivek Kaul).
4. The Indian Economy in 2019 — Episode 153 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Vivek Kaul).
5. More: The 10,000-Year Rise of the World Economy — Philip Coggan.
6. Justice for Jayaraj and Bennix: Timeline of two shocking custodial deaths — Megha Kavery for The News Minute.
7. The Power Broker — Robert Caro.
8. The Death and Life of Great American Cities — Jane Jacobs.
9. Working: Researching, Interviewing, Writing — Robert Caro.
10. Robert Caro on Amazon.
11. Beware of the Useful Idiots — Amit Varma.
12. Narendra Modi Takes a Great Leap Backwards — Amit Varma (on DeMon).
13. DeMon, Morality and the Predatory Indian State — Episode 85 of The Seen and the Unseen.
14. GST episodes of The Seen and the Unseen: 1, 2, 3.
15. Ponzi Schemes — Episode 142 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Vivek Kaul).
16. Urban Planning — an old short story by Amit Varma.