Our media, our society and our politics have all gone nuts. Amit Varma and Vivek Kaul examine this drift to the extremes in episode 13 of Econ Central. Also discussed: the real estate dudes fight the bankers, and why football isn’t taking off in India.
1. Driven to Extremes. Part 1: News Television — Amit Varma.
2. Out-Arnabing Arnab — Episode 8 of Econ Central.
3. Breaking News about Narendra Modi’s previous birth.
4. Some tweets about SSR’s Covid patent and invention of Fau-G: 1, 2, 3, 4.
5. The Hype Around the Stock Market — Episode 6 of Econ Central (about the game theory of Congress rebellion).
6. A Game Theory Problem: Who Will Bell The Congress Cat? — Amit Varma.
7. An Economic Theory of Democracy — Anthony Downs.
8. The Median Voter Theorem (Wikipedia).
9. The Economics of the Chilling Effect — Episode 5 of Econ Central.
10. Groupthink: A Study in Self Delusion — Christopher Booker.
11. The Seven Basic Plots — Christopher Booker.
12. Scared to Death — Christopher Booker.
13. Gegenpressing GDP — Episode 12 of Econ Central.
14. The US Economy Contracted by 9.1% and not 32%. India’s Economy Contracted by 23.9% — Vivek Kaul.
15. Raghuram Rajan’s 10 Solutions to Get Economy Going Again — Vivek Kaul.
16. Match moratorium interest rate with deposits: Industry — TNN
17. Saving Capitalism from the Capitalists — Raghuram Rajan and Luizi Zingales.
18. Moral Hazard (Wikipedia).
19. Every Act of Government Is an Act of Violence — Amit Varma.
20. The Deep State of Real Estate — Episode 7 of Econ Central.
21. The Use of Knowledge in Society — Friedrich Hayek.
22. Building Sports Ecosystems — Episode 126 of The Seen and the Unseen (w Joy Bhattacharjya).
23. The 10 Most Insane Requirements Of The Green New Deal — David Harsanyi.
24. India’s Population Bomb and the Surprising Truth Behind It — Vivek Kaul.
25. Population Is Not a Problem, but Our Greatest Strength — Amit Varma.
26. Ram Gopal Varma interviewed by Anupama Chopra.